This Web site does not collect personal data (name, addresses, or other personally identifying information) from users. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used for technical purposes only.
We use outside ad companies to display ads on our Web site. These ads may contain cookies which are used to track advertising sales.
This practice is called interest-based advertising. You may visit www.aboutads.info/choices to learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out of this form of advertising on your web browser by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program. If you wish to opt-out of interest based advertising in mobile applications on your device by companies that participate in the DAA’s AppChoices application, you may download that application onto your device and exercise your choice. AppChoices is available at the links below:
You may also be able to limit data collection by third parties across applications by using your mobile device settings. Please note that opting out will not stop advertising from appearing on your browser or mobile device. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. Additionally, please note that if you use a different browser or device, erase cookies from your browser, restrict cookies from being used on your browser, or reset your mobile device’s platform advertising ID, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
What Personal Information About Users Does The Mom Beat Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to personalize and improve our service. We collect the following types of information from our users:
* Information You Provide to Us:
o We may receive and store any information you enter on our Web sites or provide to us in any other way, such as your name, email address, and other information you provide. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features, such as posting comments to our Web sites, creating a user profile or receiving e-mail alerts. The personal information you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain products and services customizing the advertising content you see and communicating with you.
o Registration: In order for you to use certain parts of our network of sites, you may be required to complete a registration form and provide the requested information about you.
o You post information at your own risk. Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your pages and information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on the Web site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the website. You understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your information may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored your information.
o E-mail Alerts: In order to receive an email alert every time a new story is posted on one of our websites, you are required to submit your email address.
* Automatic Information:
o We may receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. The Mom Beat may automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, The Mom Beat cookie information, the page you requested, and your communications and interaction with our other website registrants. The Mom Beat uses this traffic data to, among other things, help diagnose problems with its server, analyze trends and administer our websites.
* E-mail Communications:
o We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from The Mom Beat if your computer supports this type of program, in order to help us make emails more interesting and helpful. We may also send out emails with news or promotions. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us by e-mail at email@example.com and include sufficient information for us to identify your account.
What about Cookies?
* Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. The Mom Beat cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
* The “help” portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies.
* Third-Party cookies: We use third-party advertising companies such as Google AdSense to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
Will The Mom Beat share any of the information it receives?
We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as provided herein or with your consent, to the entities that are controlled by The Mom Beat.
Is information about me secure?
* If you choose to create one, your The Mom Beat account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Questions or Concerns If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy at The Mom Beat Media Web sites, please send a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your privacy is important to us and we will make every effort to resolve your concerns.