Whether you have a laundry room with enough space for a built-in bench or just a hallway closet with sliding doors, these trending laundry areas offer plenty of inspiration for maximizing every inch. Here are five cool ideas from popular laundry room photos recently uploaded on the home remodeling site, Houzz, along with cost-effective suggestions for where you can get similarly stylish accents:
1. Small space, big impact. The white motif of this smaller laundry area really opens up the space, while the gold flower-shaped chandelier, bold mosaic cement floor tiles and brass hardware add a glamorous touch. And who couldn’t use a touch of glamour while washing their kids’ dirty baseball pants and undergarments?
Brass Starburst Collin Chandelier, Cost Plus World Market, $249.99
Nattork Laundry Hampers Collapsible Clothes Baskets with Lid, White, 2-Pack; Amazon.com, $26.99
2. Sophisticated suds. The Shaker cabinets painted a warm french gray, the distressed oriental rug added for a splash of color and an antique washboard displayed on the countertop yield a soothing and sophisticated laundry room in Chicago. Notice the custom niches built into the lower cabinets — a unique place to store rolled-up towels.
Get the look:
Distressed 2×3 Area Rug, Amazon.com, on sale for $12.95
Look at this adorable washboard! Only $11.12 on Amazon.
3. Hidden wonder. Sliding pocket doors painted gray can close off this Toronto laundry nook to unsuspecting guests; however, when the doors are open, the practical space reveals bold fig-patterned wallpaper. It also features a rod for hanging and drying clothes and a woven basket for storing cleaning supplies.
Get the look:
Sabang Hamper with Lid, Pier 1, $99.95.
Fun floral and lemon wallpaper, Wayfair, $4.38 per sq. ft.
A beautiful way to make a neutral-looking laundry room pop (and complement the above wallpaper): Safavieh Evoke Collection, Vintage Oriental Light Blue Area Rug (2’2″ x 4′), Amazon, on sale for $24.49.
4. Take a load off. The custom built-in bench enveloped with a coral upholstery makes this laundry and mudroom combo in Philadelphia a great spot for doing the wash. The bench is the perfect perch for relaxing for a bit as your clothes finish drying. The cork floors are another warm and practical touch.
Get a similar look without having to make your own built-in bench:
Safavieh Mercer Collection Harlow Lounging Bench, Orange; $289.15 on Amazon.com.
ClosetMaid 3-Cube Storage Bench, White, on Amazon for $68.52 with great reviews (and pictures of reupholstered cushions for inspiration).
5. Rustic radiance. A mix of warm gray paint and reclaimed barn wood on the walls produces a more rustic feel in this Kansas City, Missouri, laundry room. The handmade cement tiles on the floor add a splash of radiance to the space. Other notable features include the beadboard ceiling, bamboo blinds and large Mason jars on the open shelving.
Get the rustic-chic look:
Do it yourself with this Epic Artifactory Reclaimed Barn Wood Wall Panel- Easy Peel and Stick Application (20 Sq Ft, Whitewashed Barn Wood) on Amazon for $200. Rave reviews include, “So easy to install and went up so fast” and “We have received more compliments than I can count from neighbors and friends, and even had a designer from a local home builder ‘steal’ our barn wood wall idea and put it in all of their new models!!”
Chalkboard Label Glass Jar 2-Piece Canisters with Air-Tight Lids, 33 oz.; Amazon, $14.99.
FYI, this post include affiliate links. If you buy something via one of those links, you won’t pay a penny more, but we’ll get a small commission, which helps keep the lights on. Thanks!