Hello, my name is Candy, and I’m domestically-challenged.
I don’t enjoy–or know much about–cooking. I don’t own a hand mixer. I didn’t know it was called a “hand mixer” until I just googled “what do you call an electric beater thingy.” My kids are awed and amazed when I manage to make pancakes without incident. But….! I am capable of using an Instant Pot for something other than storage (sorry, oven). So rest assured if I can handle these recipes, you most certainly can, too.
Perhaps most amazing of all: both of my kids will happily chow down on these meals without so much as a grunt or a grimace. Miracles do happen.
INSTANT POT EASY MACARONI ‘N’ CHEESE
Prep Time: 5 minutes/Cook Time: 5 minutes/Total Time: 10 minutes
1 lb elbow macaroni or shells
4 tbsp butter
4 cups water
2 tsp dry ground mustard
2 tsp kosher or sea salt (+ more to taste)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup evaporated milk
8 oz sharp cheddar cheese
8 oz monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Add macaroni, butter, water, mustard, salt and pepper to your Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid, select manual and high pressure for 4 minutes. (Note: if the directions on your boxed macaroni have a boil time that is less than 6 minutes, then cook on high pressure for only 3 minutes.)
- Once complete, use a quick release.
- Open lid and check that the pasta is cooked completely. If not, select saute and cook for an additional 2 minutes until pasta is indeed cooked.
- Add in evaporated milk, as well as each of the cheeses. Continue to mix and stir until creamy.
- Add extra salt to taste, if you so desire.
- Serve and enjoy!